Do you have an interesting travel story, accompanied by great imagery, that you feel belongs on our website?
As a contributor your work will be featured on our website and will reach our network of slow travel enthusiasts online and via our social media channels. We’ll link your articles to your website and social media accounts. Note: Website submissions are unpaid.
Please read the following before submitting
- Slow Travel Magazine seeks original stories accompanied by high quality photos or videos. Please familiarise yourself with the article topics on our website before submitting. Upon submission, please advise which topic your story fits into.
- Avoid submitting on specific story angles that we’ve already published.
- Publishing rights – read our full Author’s Rights below:
Submitting your draft. Please email us:
- A one-paragraph proposal outlining the story
- Brief details of how you undertook your journey, including any technical and geographical information – we need to check our facts when we publish
- Please include 5-7 low-resolution images to give a flavour of your trip (if emailing, your whole message should not be larger than 2MB). If submitting a photo essay or other image-based piece, provide a link to a Flickr gallery or other URL where the images are viewable
- Feel free to include any relevant experience you have, with links to/cuttings from previously published stories if possible
- Submissions must be in English and unpublished elsewhere
We do read all submissions but, as we are a small team, please bear with us and we will do our best to reply to you within a fortnight.